Thursday, August 14, 2014

Throwback Thursday - Altered Collage Frames

This post originally appeared on my family blog (back when my hubby and I blogged about our lives regularly). That means I did this project back in 2011. It is still one of my all-time favorite things that I have done in my house. Enjoy!

Before Violet was born, we rearranged the house to make space for her upstairs. That meant rearranging the living room, which meant rethinking our wall decor once again. We had this collage frame hanging on the kitchen wall for a while:


In a rare moment of brilliance, I thought it could be interesting to get another collage frame and cut the circles apart, hanging them around the larger frame, creating a sort of "floating bubble" effect. It took several months to follow through on the idea, but the final effect is pretty sweet.


Then when we painted our living room before listing our house for sale, we did a bit more rearranging and added a clock to the mix, so here is what it looks like today:


No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are swell!