Thursday, April 3, 2014

Ultimate Blog Party 2014 - Meet Me!

I am joining up with tons of other bloggers for the Ultimate Blog Party 2014! If you're a fellow blogger, go check it out. The link-ups start tomorrow, so sign up now.

Ultimate Blog Party 2014

As part of the Ultimate Blog Party, I am writing this intro post. Here, you can read a little bit about me and my blog. Here goes nothing:

That's me -- Krissy.
Who am I?

Wife. Mom. Crafter. Blogger. Fabric Addict. Literature Lover. Wannabe Yogi. Reluctant Cub Scouter. Occasional Exerciser.

What do I do?

I love sewing things for my kids and all sorts of other people. I'm currently working on making feminine hygiene kits for Days For Girls International. If you don't know what that's about, click through and see... it's a great cause.

When I'm not sewing or blogging, I'm usually reading. I studied English Literature in college, and though it wasn't the most lucrative choice, I still loved it. I love reading classic fiction, fantasy, mystery, and some sci-fi.

I also spend a large portion of my time changing diapers, cleaning up messes, and mediating childish arguments.

What do I love?

Of course I love my little family. I also love the smell of books, the feel of fabric, and the sound of falling leaves. I love good apples, dark chocolate, and salami (though probably not in combination).

What do I blog about?

I started my blog initially as a way to market my Etsy shop. Then it took on a life of it's own. I create a lot of printables, post occasional tutorials, and share my musings on life.

7 comments :

  1. I had to click over from #UBP14 when I saw that you have pink hair, too. English-major-creative-bloggers-with-pink-hair-unite! ;-) Have you ever heard of a perfume company called I Hate Perfume? They have some creative, fabulous scents including one called In the Library. It really does smell like walking through a magnificent library! It's odd, yes, but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to check out that perfume... I might start smelling of Library all the time! And I early don't have pink hair any more, but it was a lot of fun. Maybe I need to do that again. Thanks for visiting and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Hi Krissy!
    I'm so glad to connect with you from #UBP14. Thanks for responding to my email so that I can follow you. I'm looking forward to your posts from Etsy to everyday life.
    My best,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Krissy! I also have an etsy shop: ouata.etsy.com . I also have a book review site that I hope you'll check out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check it out! Thanks for visiting and commenting.

      Delete
  4. UBP14 participant played with all your social media icons and liked, followed, joined and posted all that was available to me. Thanks for sharing your printable door know butterfly hanger. I am always publishing anything about paper and butterflies. I even downloaded it for later. Love the site. be back soon

    ReplyDelete

Comments are swell!