Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Thankful Project Day 5 - Talents


Topic: A Talent I Have

This year I have been very grateful that I have a talent for sewing. It wasn't always this way... my mom tried teaching me when I was a kid, but I didn't have much interest in it until just a few years ago. Once I started trying to learn, I picked it up quickly. I've taught myself to do a lot of different types of sewing including hand embroidery, appliqué, and machine quilting. I've made Halloween costumes for my kids and gifts for my nieces and nephews. 

And now it is paying off... literally. I just started teaching a sewing class for kids and so far, it is pretty entertaining. The class runs for 12 weeks and I am hopeful that during that time, I can help my four students develop a love for sewing just like I have!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are swell!