Monday, August 5, 2013

Where I Live - SLC Downtown Farmer's Market

I plan to make this a new feature on my blog, detailing fun things we do locally (as in, in Utah). This first installment is dedicated to the SLC Downtown Farmer's Market. All photos posted were taken by my talented hubby, Dave.

Thanks to my sister-in-law, Dave and I got to spend Saturday morning at Salt Lake's Downtown Farmer's Market without our kids in tow. It could be fun to go with kids, but it would be a different kind of fun. Without them, we got to avoid the playground and port-a-potties entirely. Dave and I were way overdue for a break from our kidlets, so we were happy to ditch them for a couple of hours.

There are several things that I love about the market. First is the fresh food! We picked up some amazing tomatoes, delectable raspberries, and artisan bread. I love the colors and smells you can discover at each booth (although there was a section of the market that didn't smell quite so fresh).


The next thing I love is the unique things you can find at the various booths. We got to the market early, intending to find some pastries for breakfast. I got a fantastic chocolate croissant and Dave got a pecan sticky bun. Both were tremendous. And to drink? Fresh mint limeade! I am fairly sure it is not intended to be a breakfast drink, but it was deliciously refreshing, even at 9 AM.


Lastly, I love the quirky people and displays at every turn. We laughed at the "farmer market" persona of the booth attendants -- long hair, wide brimmed hats, tie-dye clothes. And of course, we laughed at this sign:


 It was a fun day and I hope we return every summer. If you are in northern Utah, be sure to check it out!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are swell!