Friday, July 19, 2013

Fitness Friday -or- Relax With Yoga

About six years ago, I fell in love with yoga. The year before my son was born, I signed up for a class titled "Yoga for Stress Relief." At the time, I was dealing with infertility and it was stressful! I needed some exercise, but didn't want anything too intense, so this yoga class was perfect for me. Ever since then, I have tried to make yoga a regular part of my exercise routine.

Recently, I have been dealing with different types of stress -- the stress of having two young children, the stress of inexplicably gaining weight, and the stress of postpartum depression. Obviously, I need some yoga in my life! Luckily, my hubby found an app so that I could do yoga workouts at home whenever I have time. It is called All-In Yoga.


There are many yoga apps available, so if you're interested in trying yoga at home, you are in luck!

After doing my first yoga workout using this app, I remembered why I love yoga so much. It is so individual, so calming, and it really is hard work! Two days later, my abs are still killing me.

If you're new to yoga, I suggest taking a class from a certified instructor first. They can help you learn the proper forms for the poses and the proper breathing technique. Once you get the basics down, it is easy to incorporate yoga into your fitness program at home.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are swell!