Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Quilt Along - Cutting

As previously mentioned, I am participating in a Quilt Along organized by Jill at Create.Craft.Love and Sarah at Becoming Martha. If you're interested in the details, click here:

Quilt-Along
This week, we started cutting. I have never been so grateful for a rotary cutter than I was as I cut the pieces for this quilt. I sure hope people are being honest when they say that cutting is the worst part. It took a lot of time to cut all the pieces, but once they were cut, I got to have a bit of fun figuring out what order I want them sewn in. Here they are, laid out how they will be sewn together (except I had to fold them and overlap them to get them all to fit on my table):


My borders and sashing are green. The patterned blocks are from Riley Blake's Dress Up Days collection. There is a small orange piece between each block and the back will be purple. Next week, we start sewing, so wish me luck!

{Linked on Content in the Meantime}

2 comments :

  1. Hi! Thank you for linking this to my What Are You Doing? Wednesday Blog Hop! http://contentemeant.blogspot.com/2013/05/what-are-you-doing-blog-hop-2.html
    I wonder how this project is going to turn out. I will keep following up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! Luckily it is a quilt along so I don't have to figure it out on my own. I've never pieced a quilt before, so it's a bit intimidating! I'll be back for next Wednesday's Blog Hop!

      Delete

Comments are swell!