Monday, April 22, 2013

Mother's Day Idea Round-Up

Mother's Day is right around the corner and if you're like me, you're always looking for great DIY gift ideas. So today I've compiled a round-up of some of the homemade gifts that I love (one of which I am making for my mom, but I can't tell you which just in case she see the post).

Travel Journal

My parents are really in to traveling and my mom always needs to have her next vacation planned. So what better gift could there be than a homemade travel journal (like this one from Sew Useful Designs)? Plus it would give Mom a nice place to collect brochures and ticket stubs and also record memories or fun stories about each trip.


DIY Lighthouse Garden Decor

My mom loves lighthouses and has several displayed on the pot shelf in her house. So as soon as I saw this idea from Completely Coastal, I thought of her. Unfortunately, my parents haven't finished their yard yet, so I'm not sure she would have a place for something like this. Maybe when they do finally have a yard, I will have to try this out.


Magnetic Photo Display

Every grandmother needs ample space to display photos of her grandkids. I especially liked this idea from Plum Pudding: use wooden alphabet blocks as magnetic photo holders.


Hug Pillow

This "hug pillow"found on From An Igloo is a wonderful way to have the kids help create a gift for Grandma. Plus it can act as a conversation piece for the grandparents to brag about the grandkids.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are swell!