Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Covered Canvas, Take #2

Last week, I posted a tutorial on how to cover canvas with paper and add fabric embellishments. As admitted in that post, my Harry Potter covered canvas didn't turn out quite as well as I had hoped, but I learned from it and whipped up a new one, which I like much better this time.

Check it out:



This time, I used pages from Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility. The quote is one said by Mrs. Dashwood to Edward Farrars... “Know your own happiness. You want nothing but patience- or give it a more fascinating name, call it hope.”

I used a stencil to create the flower graphic. I like how it turned out to have the text peeking through the flowers.

I love the size of the words and flowers in relation to the canvas. The script font was much easier to line up and place than it was to do each letter individually. My biggest problem with this one came from choosing black/white/gray fabric, so the words didn't not stand out as much as I wanted them to. So I ended up coloring the edges black to make them pop a little more. Next time, I'll use colored fabric for the words. Overall, I feel it was a success and I plan to find a place to hang this one in my craft cave.

{Linked to: Cedar Hill Ranch, Craft-O-Maniac, Coastal Charm, Lil' Luna, Someday Crafts, Sew Much Ado, and Somewhat Simple}

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are swell!